Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Photo's

Default Final Photo's

Bored yet???? This will be the last of the photo's

Hope you enjoyed seeing some different species

Jay

Thanks for posting these Jay, these are awesome. I hope to be there some day. Did you throw anything (with a hook on it) towards the shark?
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

We didn't have to throw any bait, the sharks were after the tuna and the goldens. We even had one shark chase the tuna under the boat and grabbed the prop by misstake.

Jay

Default Awa on the fly!

Aloha Jay, that top pic is of an awa. That is a great picture. I have caught them to 40lbs. They are wild on fly tackle, but how did you get them to eat? I find that they won't take a moving fly. I just let it sink to the bottom and let them suck it up.
    I also like that african pompano, we have one here called a kagami or threadfin ulua. I have yet to catch on of those. How do you handle landing fish in chest deep water? I like to play them up to the sand and then grab the tail. Problem with the papio and jacks is the knife blade on the tail. I use a rubber glove if I have the time, or just try and not get cut too bad. Great pictures. Have you caught an awa or milkfish yet? Way to go, Mems.
    Don Memmer

Hey Don,

I have yet to catch a milk fish but did have a coulple of followers. the guy who caught that fish was using a torn up white clouser.
    On landing the fish, if the boat is close, we use a net but in this case you can imagine how far the boat is. We started in knee deep water

Jay

Default Re: Final Photo's

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murakoshi
    Bored yet???? This will be the last of the photo's

Hope you enjoyed seeing some different species

Jay
    Bored ?!?

ARE YA NUTS

The guy who figures out how to hook Milkfish will be the man of the hour - Some are chumming the 'pet' ones w/ bread ,then , swapping a bread-fly to them . I have been told they fight like rockets - complete horrors on fly gear .

What kind of Snapper is that one ???

David

David,

That snapper is a fingermark. There are other such as the sweet lips, nannyguy, coral trout, blue tusk fish. They are all neat fish and can be caught on flies. All you have to do is fish the "berly" (chum slick) in English over the reefs and you will see many different creatures.
    There were schools of milk fish but they are just like carp. I have to figure out what there eating and put alot of casting time in. Next year, I'm taking an all white - fluffy little fly.

Jay

Default .

Gorgeous pictures Jay! You should submit a couple of those (especially the milk) To a magazine like FFSW. Thats one of the most coveted fish and I'm sure the world would love to see it. I sure do.

Great work
    Jay

I agree, awesome shots Jay! Really appreciate you taking the time to post 'em so we all can enjoy. Bored? Yeah, right! Seeing pictures like those is all about thinking about how it would feel to have one at the end of your own line.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I really enjoyed all of your pictures Jay.

I'm glad to hear that you guys got some nice fish down under.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member