Thread: Your suggestions please.

Default Your suggestions please.

Sup folks,
    I've got a buddy from Florida coming into town this Sun/21 he'll be here for 11 days. We were thinking about heading to Yosemite for a little fishing and hiking/camping, and then making our way up to the Lost Coast area for more of the same. If anyone could suggest other places that are good hiking/camping/fishing spots I'd really appreciate it.
    many thanks.
    2short
    aka Earl

Default Suggestions???

Not to familiar with Yosemite but am with the lost Coast area....

If you're going car camping over there, you should take some gear for rock/surf fishing. Plus, some clamming gear. From the Usal Creek area southward (....toward Rockport/Westport) is some very productive shoreline for a number of fishing, clamming and abalone pickin' activities.... Decent camping over there but may be cool.

Of course, if you're backpacking, your options are limited.... But still very nice. Good opportunities for some surf fishin'/photography, relaxation, etc. Lotsa good places to eat over there, too.

Hope you and your buddy have fun.... I'm envious.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Thanks "D"
    I'll tell you how it went when we get back.
    2short
    aka Earl

Default yosemite

Aloha, I was in Yosemite up at toloumne meadows and fished the dana and lyell fork. There are plenty of small trout in there up to 12 inches. The farther you hike the better the fishing was. Dana fork was mostly brookies, and thelyell fork had brookies and mostly browns, with a couple of small bows. Very pretty water, but I guess the fishing was not as good as it was before, due to high water. It might be better now. Good Luck, Mems. Bring mosquito repellant, plenty of bugs.
    Don Memmer

If you are into actual backpacking there are some great lakes and beautiful scenery up in th Trinity Alps and Marble Mountain wildernesses. Some lakes are only a 4 to 5 mile hike so not too bad

Don, Rick,
    Thanks for the info it'll come in handy. When I get back I'll give a full report and hopfully post some pics.
    2short
    aka Earl