Thread: hello!

Default hello!

Just stopped in to say hello. Just heard of this site and wanted to try it out. It's closer to home than alot of other sites and I am hoping will be more usefull.

I also wanted to know if any one fishes the American river above Pollock Pines, and if you do, how is the fishing?
    Tie it, and they will bite.

Sacfisher, welcome aboard! Can't answer your question but I'm sure someone will pipe in.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Welcome, the more the merrier!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

welcom,
    you'll find this MB to be friendly and helpful. nice to have you.
    2short
    aka Earl

Thank you Hairstacker, Adam, and 2short for the warm welcome. Looking forward to chattin' with some local boys.

Default Upper American???

Welcome to the community.... Been a long time, but I used to fish the So. and Sliver Forks from Kyburz upstream..... Usually, it'd be slow at this time of year but this is not a usual year. They may still have a decent head of water in them. If so, I'd try up Silver Fork and then up into Caples Creek. Both should fish well on dries (....rock hoopin'/pot shootin' pockets/holes )

The South Fork above Strawberry has some good pocket water but the problem is access.... Lotsa large caddis activity up there in the PM.... It runs right beside Hwy 50 in that area but still produced for me. Not very asthetic, tho....

Never fished the South Fork below that area as I've never seen anyone fish it. Also, that's the area below the slide.... It's probably stocked but doesn't look to apetizing to me....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Thanks Darian, just the answer I was looking for