Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabin Riffle??

Default Re: Access Issues on the Hoopa????

Quote Originally Posted by Darian
    Hi Digger,..... After fishing there since the late '60s, I've heard some interesting anecdotes about problems for fisherman in that area....

As of a couple of years ago, the tribe hadn't begun charging for access to the res. However, vandalism of parked vehicles, etc., in that area is still a very real possibility.... Also, if you happen onto an area with nets in the water, you might expect someone to come out an check up on your activities....

But, other than that most of the problems I've had were with other, discourteous fisherman....
    It sucks that things have to be like that. It's hard to enjoy the time if you're worried about your vehicle or your own personal well being.

So, are you saying there is a fee? (which I wouldn't mind if I can fish in peace) Whom/where do you pay?
    Steelhead gear = $6287, no of adults caught = 3, amortized cost = $2,095.67, beaching that 30" fish and letting it go = priceless

Default No Fee!!!

Hi Digger,.... Sorry if I confused you. I meant to say the as far as I know there is still no fee for access to the Hoopa
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown