View Poll Results: What is your favorite type of trout?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rainbow

10 40.00%
  • Brown

7 28.00%
  • Brook

2 8.00%
  • Cutthroat

5 20.00%
  • Golden

1 4.00%
  • Lake

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Trout?

Default Favorite Trout?

I like brown trout becaus of thier colorations.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I had to go with Rainbow, simply because it's what I've caught the most of. But I sure would like to get into some of those beautiful fat browns I see so many pictures of!!!
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver

I like Rainbows because they jump and run.

It is fun to catch all the different types though.

There use to be Grayling in Lobdell Lake southeast of Sacramento in the Sierras in Mono county.

http://www.hotspotfishing.com/record...ode=3838617492

http://www.fishsniffer.com/dbacher/101300grayling.html
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I gotta go with goldens because of where they live and their spectacular coloration.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Gotta go with a rainbow - most are spectacular fighters - as an example, a 15+ incher I hooked in Silver Creek two weeks ago took 10 yards of backing!! It must have thought it was a bone fish!

Default Beware the Brookie

I'll cast a vote for the Brookies...at least the Eastern versions...back east the Rainbows don't fight as hard as they do here...but the Brookies will wear you out! And the coloration of a late season Brook is spectacular...
    Having said all that, I would vote for the Rainbow if we limited the voting to Norcal.

Default Coaching hatchery fish

Myself and the woman were up at the North Fork of the Nehalem feesh hatchery the other day and a great idea was born: teach those hatchery fish how to spawn in the wild. It came to me (poor choice of words) while standing on a viewing platform overlooking the hatchery hole. About ten summer runs where lazing about, playin' a bit of grab ass, but not getting the job done. There the woman was, looking pretty damn sexy leaning over the guardrail when it dawned on me: the fish need coaching. No one was around, so I came up behind her in a pro-active stance if ya know what I mean...gets a bit blue and happy at this point.
    Before anyone turns me in to the hatchery police, I did not have sex at the hatchery. Yes I did have impure thoughts but waited until off state property to act on them. Oh shoot...were we on state forest land?
    It's good to be a pervert in the hills.

Nice job Oregonsalmon nothin like some wood in the WOODs bush in the BUSh on to the POLL

Due to a recent trip I have to go with the Cutts (small stream), Beautiful and aggressive. No huge runs or anything, but all of the colors. on the trip I was holding my rod under my arm (no, i'm not in the movies) fixing a tangle in a weed (no, I dont smoke either)and my line and fly were hanging about 8" off the water and they would jump out and try to grab it it was cool
    "Together we can conquer anything, but if only one of us trembles we may all face the end."

Walter

my favorite is the one on the end of my line at that time (unless it's under 8 inches)
    that being said I voted for the native cutthroat, and here's to hoping that someday the Paiute Cutt's well be saved.
    Steelhead gear = $6287, no of adults caught = 3, amortized cost = $2,095.67, beaching that 30" fish and letting it go = priceless

Have to go with the rainbow for all the good times and the number of "first time" honors in my family. Outstanding fighting fish when wild, even the little wild ones go bonkers when hooked. . . .

Love browns for their elusive, secretive ways. . . .

Love 'em all for the way they look. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.