Thread: My Trip to Siskiyou County

Default My Trip to Siskiyou County

Well, Im back from 5 days in beautiful Siskiyou County, Ca. I went fly fishing on the section below the Lower Falls on the McCloud. What a great river. It was the first time I used my new Sage Launch 9ft, 5wt. I think I made a good choice. That, and some real good line and my casting was very much improved. This is not to say my "catching" was improved, though. This little pup was all I could come up with.

Not quite avatar material but I sure had a good time!
    I tried fishing for smallies on Lake Siskiyou, but no luck. That's OK too because this was the view from our cabin.

I will be putting up a web site of some photos from our trip through Mt. Lassen and on in to Siskiyou County. I will post the URL when I have finished it.
    Bye for now.
    O.K. I have put up some pics from our trip. If you are so inclined, you can see them at
    http://mtshasta.saxlessons.com
    Alastair Ingram
    www.saxlessons.com

Nice job Alastair! Nothing wrong with a beautiful wild trout! Beats the heck out of getting skunked, though with views like that, even getting skunked would not be the worst thing in the world!

I'm off for a little late afternoon dry fly action on the Mid Fork of the Snoquolomie here in WA. Hope to have a report this evening!
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver

Nice report, i love that area up there!

Nice wild trout, good colors.

I love the Picture of the view from your cabbin, great shot.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member