Thread: connection from tippet so you can fast change flies...

Default connection from tippet so you can fast change flies...

can I get any location in NYC Area or online to purchase eyes aren't what they used to be......

Default Connections....

I hear ya, George,.... Been having the same problem myself. I don't use many small flies any longer....

Anyway,... I've seen several different varieties of connectors for this purpose in local stores but that doesn't help you.

Did a "Google" on No Knot Eyes and found a couple of on-line hits. So, that's what I'd suggest for you. There might be a vendor local to you in NYC that carries 'em, too.

Hope this helps....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

A quick fly change system would be great. I find myself increasingly impatient/nervous when changing flies, especially when trout are rising around me and my dexterity and eyesight seem to decrease by the minute. Nymph rigs are especially time-consuming to tie, especially right after you lose a nice fish and have to re-tie the whole rig. Anyone tried using something like the pre-tied dropper rig fly box that Orvis sells now? The dimensions of the thing that they sell look too big for my vest, but I'm thinking of making my own with a small slab of high-density foam that I would wrap a nymph rig around with toothpicks or screws of some sort to secure the ends of the rig to. The flies would just be stuck into the foam like a fly box.
    Don C.

Default Connections...

I couldn't help George with his request, as I haven't seen any connectors (other than loop to loop) that provides a quick change feature and wouldn't land on the water with a splash....

My preference is the loop to loop system....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

George

UK Mail order co. called Sportfish stock something called a Fly Snap which seems to be a small link between tippet and hook eye. Take a look:http://www.sportfish.co.uk/acatalog/...eners_964.html
    Seem to be geared down to size 16. They post internationally or I could pick up a pack for you when I'm there at Xmas if you can wait.
    Alternatively, I've just bought a little 2.5 magnifier that clips to the brim of my cap/hat and flips down when you need it!