Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Micro Spey Clave the 21st of August

Thanks again for the drinks Ray. You're a good guy!

Wingman, start practiceing on the weekends at Watt. A bunch of guys like Larry, Simon, Doug and Ray practice quite a bit. I used to also go put there alot when I lived in Sac. I really enjoyed hanging out with the old group again.

My advice is get to know Larry, the short Asian man. Larry is a very nice guy and a hell of a spey caster. Larry owns more spey rods and lines than anyone. Ask him if you could try out some of his rods so that you could decide which one might be your better for your next rod.

I think a 12'6"-13'6" seven weight spey rod is great for our valley rivers.

My favoriite rod is a Scott ARC 12'8" 7wt, it's my baby.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Ray, Thanks a million for the liquids...tasted better than bee...naw It didn't, but close.
    sj

Guys,

Thanks for the advise. I appreciate the help.

Ray what do you like to drink? I will bring the cold ones Sunday. Just let me know what it should be and when you will be there?

My big 15' Orvis 11wt. is way too much rod for me right now. Jeff said that I would be much better off with something smaller and lighter to start out with.

Buying new is an option, but I think I'd rather pick up something used (less $$$) and then pass it on to the another beginner when I know what I am doing and have a better idea of what rod I will want to move on to.

Hey Wingman,

Thanks for the liquids offer... \/ Anything refreshing we'll do...

I'll be there at around 8 or 9 am - Bring that 11wt if you would like, I'll bring a 4wt, 6/7, and my 7/8. We'll have a go at all of them. All of them have different actions so you can feel the difference.

Should be a nice day... I plan to be there for a few, so if we need to take a break bring one of those fold up jobbies to sit on.

See ya there.... -RR
    Ray Rivera

Ray,

Sounds great! I will have the ice chest with an asortment of cold ones. A chair is a good idea. See you Sunday.