Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Micro Spey Clave the 21st of August

Default Micro Spey Clave the 21st of August

Guys lets shoot for the 21st.

That is the only day that I can even barely make it to Sacramento. The 21st sounds like a day that the majority of you guys can make it. My fishing buddy Gregg is getting married on the 20th. Both the 19th and 20th are out of the question for me. I could squeeze in a drive from the Fort Bragg area all the way to Sacramento for a half day but then I would need to drive back to Chico for my first day of school on the 22nd. It will be tight but I might be able to manage it.

Even if I cannot attend there are enough people interested, you should all meet up anyway. There are some good spey casters who will be there to lend some advice for the newbies.

I will try to make my schedule work for the 21st.

The 21st shall be the date!

All are welcome...

Please RSVP a reply to this post so that I can get a good idea of who all will be attending. I will later ask those who can come to bring some type of food so that we may fill our bellies with food to nourish us for more spey casting.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

will sure try

Count me in.... Where exactly again... I'm good for a cooler filled with somthing...

Hope you can make it..

-R
    Ray Rivera

Count me in.... Where exactly again... I'm good for a cooler filled with somthing...

Hope you can make it..

-R
    Ray Rivera

i should be able to make it

I doubt that I will get the 21st off. If so I hope you guys enjoy yourselves.

When I find out for sure I will let you guys know.

Adam Grace

I am assuming this get together will happen at Watt. What time are folks planning on arriving - I need to do it kinda early as need to get back home beofore too late. Will be coming from Lake County - maybe 2 hour drive so should be able to arrive sometime around 9 assuming gas isn't up to over $3 by then

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge here but what exactly happens at a "Micro Spey Clave"?

Is this kind of an "everyone bring your spey rod and cast, meet some people, and eat/drink" event or is there more to it that I'm not seeing?

You can put me down for a probably since this is the day before I go back to work (after 2.5 months of vacation), and the day after military duty.
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Gregg and others,
    At spey claves people exchange spey knowledge, cast different rods, learn how to cast, cast different lines and eat some food while hanging out with other spey enthusiasts and beginners.

Basic and bunch of spey guys hanging out casting and talking about spey.

Good times.

I hope to make it but I have to wait and see.

Adam Grace

Hey Rick... I'll be there early as well on the 21st. By the looks of it - I guess Watt under the bridge is the meeting place right...?

For those who never casted - I'll bring my back-up St Croix 14' 9/10 & one of my other Meiser rods.

I'll bring some Snacks from SAM's Club & some drinks. Don't really know who showing numbers wise. Hope the contribution will sustain the bull whipping that will go on that day...
    Ray Rivera