Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fished the Yuba today

Default Yuba down to 1500 cfs today

Buddy of mine told me it will be dropping 100 cfs per day until it hits 900. Also he has been picking some up on egg patterns. Good luck.

I'll be there late afternoon. I'll post a report if anything happens. Ah heck...I'll post somthing anyway, I'm due for a fish story...
    Ray Rivera

Default Just got back from fishing the Yuba

It was another great day. I didn't start until around 1 and fished hoppers in the middle of the river. I had rises on the first three casts and all told about 10 in one spot. I moved around doing the same strategy. Around 5 I put on a caddis pupa with an egg dropper (just for the heck of it). The caddis pupa was a hot ticket and I noticed that as I retrieved and raised my rod tip the fish would take the pupa. I also fished a #18 brown EC dry but had zero rises to it. I saw no salmon and fished above the bridge.

I fished the yuba last monday below the bridge and had no rises to hoppers or caddis. Swung some caddis pupas and zonkers and only managed one grab on an olive zonker. Just a wild guess that you are fishing quite a ways above the bridge. I am guessing on the UCD property.

Jason Hartwick
    Jason Hartwick
    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service
    www.steelheadonthespey.com

Default Cfs at 1200 now....

It's got about another 300 to go from what I am told.

Default Yuba Report for Sunday

My son and I fished the Yuba on Sunday. Went up just to the foundation hole. (didn't tresspass...didn't have to). The water is low and makes crossing back and forth very easy. Noticed some huge changes from the high water this year. Also saw quite a few salmon some which appear to have been in the river for sometime.

We did OK. Got there around 3 PM and fished hoppers. Around 6 we switched over to a caddis pupa. River above the bridge closes Sept 1 so hope to make it up there one more time.

Default Yuba Report 8/31

Today I really explored and went up as far as the Narrows. It is amazing to me how much the river has changed from all of the high water. The tail out part of the Narrows has become wider, the riffle below it has also widened and what was once a pool down below has become a lake.

Stuck about a number on hoppers during the day and then used San Juan worms and caddis pupa toward the evening. Fish were typical Yuba and definitely healthy. Saw at least 10 salmon already up in the Narrows. Tried an egg pattern but got nothing.

Unfortunately all fishing above the bridge is now closed until December 1.

Default Yuba now at 845 cfs

I could tell yesterday as the water continued to recede. It is supposed to get down to 700 cfs as they repair the dam at Englebright. I hope it doesn't affect the bugs. Too much water and now not enough can hurt the aquatic life.

Default Just heard that the count for salmon in Yuba is

way down. Looks to be a late year. Also I have heard that the DFG will be patroling the Yuba with great attentiveness. Frankly it is about time.