Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVID LEE!!!!!!!!

SullyTM Guest

Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVID LEE!!!!!!!!

Today, is David Lee's 40th birthday Everyone who knows David can attest to his knowledge of the water, keen eye and willingness to help others(not to mention his BBQ ability and foundness of a cold one ) So, in honor of David's special day let's have some fun I'll call it: DAVID LEE'S NATIONAL LAMPOON FISHING ADVENTURE

I'll start off the story and everyone can add a comment or two or three to continue the story. By the end of the day we should have a rip-roarin adventure. Come on, it'll be fun Here goes:

It was going to be another HOT Sacramento Summer day so David Lee decided to pack up his trusty 4 weight, a pack of smokes, 3 bottles of water and head out to one of his SECRET SPOTS...When he arrived at "the spot" he realized that........

he forgot me

Happy B-day David, hope your trip to the coast was all you were expecting! Those fingers still attached
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Default Fishing Adventure....

.... He forgot the Sardines and "Sluggo's"

OK David, I'm gonna sing for you now:

Happee Birthdaayy to youuuuuu,.... Happee Birthdaayy to youuuuu,...

(C'mon David, sing along with me....)

Happee BIRTHDayyy Dear Daaaavid,... Happee Birthdaaayyyy to Youuuuuu

(Now, wasn't that funnnn :P :P :P )
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Happy Birhday you young puppy !!!!!!!!!!

Take care
    -Rob

. . . aw, well, he'll catch up with MSP next time. It was a bummer to forget the sardines and sluggos but he preferred nightcrawlers anyway and had at least remembered to cleverly conceal those at the bottom of his pack. Looking up, he noticed Hairstacker had already arrived and was at that very moment busily engaged with a nice smallie. The fish was easily over 5 lbs and David marvelled at Hairstacker's ability to retain control over the crazed beast. It was at that moment that he noticed the 3 co-eds laying on their beach towels at the head of the pool. He started to wave hello, but thought. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

... that his wife would brutally beat him for flirting with bikini clad female sun bathers. Instead of waving, David continued to oogle the bronze babes for about thirty minutes until Adam ventured further down the river and introduced himself to the lovely ladies. David stopped staring after the girls left the sun and the sand to drive away with Adam in his Ferrari to his Mansion for a dip in his olypic sized swimming pool. Fun was had by ALL, every last one

After that David and Hairstacker proceded to catch every sucker in the river until....
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

SullyTM Guest

Bill Kiene came along with a 6-pack of Oregaboom and a 20 foot Spey Rod. While David fiddled with the rod Bill sipped a cold one and who should show up?...

the forgotten one MSP. Parched from wandering around the central valley for hours in the heat looking for the Secret Creek he greets Bill with a friendly hello and a sour frown thrown David's way he asks Bill for a refreshement. The two proceeded to finish off the Oregaboom and relaxed in the shade. David who diligently straightens out his equipment turns and asks if there were any refreshments left. When the answer comes back NO Davids's eyes start to tear up. Bill with his Kiene Eye notices this and screams at David (Crying, Crying, There's no Crying in Fishing). David, embarrassed wipes his eyes just before . . . . . . . . .
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

.... he realises that this day just isn't working for him .
    After all .... it IS his b-day #40 .... , right ??

SO - thru his ability to bend time and space , David transports himself to a small estuary that shall remain nameless.

He sees a large pod of Leopard Sharks feeding on small baitfish just after the tide starts rolling in . A few casts later .... BANG !!

The mid-sized Leopard thrashes the surface of the small inlet to a froth .

using a Sage RPLX 890-3 for the very first time , he gets the upper hand .

Third trip's the charm !! My first flyrod Shark is a done deal !!!

You guys are MAD Thanks for the warm wishes , and thank you for being my friends - It matters more than you could ever know .

Nice Leopard , huh ?? 1/0 Chart/White Clouser swapfly , 8 wt. Masterey bug line , and a Teton 7LA w/ a Rod Harrison Knotted Dog leader - I had hells own time for 15 minutes gettin' that critter in

David

David, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Must say, a perfect cap to the story and the day, very, very well done!! I see you did it up just right too, what better way to commemorate this day and the start of a new decade than with a new BIG fish on the fly? And did you acquire a Sage RPLX 890-3 too? If so congratulations on both the rod AND the fish!! If it took YOU 15 minutes to bring him in, the battle HAD to be nothing short of EPIC. . . . I know you've been hankering to net one of those things on the fly for some time now, good for you!! Very happy for you David.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.