Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about Spey

You need an argument to convince your wife? This one has worked very well for me and is pure truth:

"If I buy all the rods, reels and lines I really feel that I need to be happy in this sport I could easily spend 8 or 10 thousand dollars. Or, I could start hanging out with my biker buddies at work instead. I think a new Harley runs about $25,000.00. I could probably finance that, don't you think honey?.....Honey???"

Moose, that is great. I might have to use one like that in the future!

Jason Hartwick
    Jason Hartwick
    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service
    www.steelheadonthespey.com

Gees- heres the sure fire plan- you moap for a few days- sullen looks/lots of sighs- " whats wrong hun?" - you reply "nothing dear"- keep that up for a few days- the question is asked again" whats up hun?"- you reply " ah its nothing i,m just losing interest in this fishing thing- my rod just is,nt up to what i,m trying to do"- question " have you thought about looking for a rod that will work?"- answer" not really but if you think that might help i guess i could"

" prety sure you could find somthing hun, that would get you back on track"- answer " oh if you think so- guess i could shop around" BINGO!!))

prairiespey, either it will work or she will think, "THANK GOD, he's giving up fishin'. . . now maybe he'll get something done around here!"
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

When I was single , I always asked the women the same thing ...

"Would you rather have me hanging w/ 'fish-geeks' , or in a Bar somewhere .... w/ strange girls ????"

You know the answer to THAT one - the lesser of two evils .

David

Default Strange Girls???

Somethin' wrong with strange women.... :P :P :P :P
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Play this one carefully... sometimes it is easier to get forgiveness than permission. But you didn't hear it from me. Scott A2 spey are suppose to to be good, and reasonably priced. Scott LS2 is great!
    sj

Stevie, I couldn't agree MORE.

I started with an A2 (SAS back in the day), 13' 8wt, great rod.

I advanced to the 12'8" 7wt ARC for smaller fish like half-pounder to adult steelies.

I have had a chance to cast a couple different new Scott LS2 spey rods. I love them. Super light weight, quick actioned with an awesome feel.

Scott makes a great spey rod.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member