Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spey fishing is fun

Heya Adam - Jason & "The Big G-Mac"

Lets plan on the weekend of Aug. 19th. I'll have a couple of days off during that week. Plus Jeff P and I are taking the boat out on the 19th.

He's going to polish up some of the nasty habits I have on the double and single handers. Plus maybe we'll get into some fish, who knows. That way I can practice what I learned.

I was thinking maybe Gristmill, or some where we won't get bombarded with too many folks. I'll bring a cooler and maybe one of those mini propane jobies, just big enough to heat chow or somthin like that.

We'll be Spey Tail Gating untill we see fish working, then we'll see who can bull whip the loudest on the double handers.

Let me know - We got some time to polish up the details. Look forward to it. -RR
    Ray Rivera

Sounds good to me. Lets all stay in touch.

Jason Hartwick
    Jason Hartwick
    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service
    www.steelheadonthespey.com

Count me in if there's room , fellas .....

Just about time I gave this stuff a try .

Oh , yeah ..... I'll cook

David

Does 4 people count as a clave..? If we're all practicing, who guards the man sodas...?

David... We have you counted. We'll see if if I can muster up some more participants.

Don't re-call, but did the Sac Spey Clave ever take off this year..?

I'll bring my tape on beard and flannel shirt to do my Dec Hogan imitations....
    Ray Rivera

Nice

Dec Hogan impersonation!

Funny Stuff
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I will try to make it up for a day! I am off to Silver Creek first week in August and checking out the Klamath the last weekend in August but free in between.

Hey Adam - any extended weekends in September you are free for another venture up the Klamath?

Sounds like we have some good interest for a small gathering. That time fo year might give us the opportunity at some half pounders in the evening. I am looking forward to it.

Jason Hartwick
    Jason Hartwick
    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service
    www.steelheadonthespey.com

Tell ya what, I'll bring my real beard and my Dec Hogan rod!

I'm in!

Moose

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Grace
    Talk to Jeff before you purchase a rod, don't just go out on the internet and purchase a cheap buy. Bad Idea. I have seen too many poor saps buy a spey rod off of the internet without researching different rods because it was less expensive.
    With your new connectins with Kiene's, STRONGLY rely on Jeff's advice!
    I did talk to Jeff earlier, and I will be getting a Gary Anderson Custom Spey Rod, then picking it up in a couple weeks. I'm going to start off with a 12'6" 6 wt. and then get a 5 or a 4 after that. He's also got a new hybrid line of spey rods too that are interesting (both spey and regular).
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

I hope to have Gary's 4 wt in a couple of weeks so should be available to play atthe mini clave if I can get over there. His 3 and 4 can come as 4 piece spey rods or 5 piece conversion rods. The new Rio Outbound is supposed to be a great line on this rod! Can't wait to try it on the Klamath and will bring it on my trip with Bill to the Grand Ronde in October