Thread: Broken Sunglasses

Default Broken Sunglasses

My lens fell out of my Action Optics sunglasses today, totally unhappy.

I noticed that the lenses were loose yestreday but I didn't fix them. Today they fell onto the floor and cracked, s$%@! I wanted to curse but refrianed. to appease the weak of stomache

I now have to send them into A.O. to get fixed, I'm bummed. At least they take care of their customers. No polarized glasses for me for about a week. Not happy, once you go polarized you never go back.

Polarized glasses make seeing into the water easier and wading more safe.

Anyone agree
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I broke my subglasses once, couldn't drink beer for a week.
    Bummer!!
    Tom Moore

Hey Adam, I agree, polarized is a must and I try to have a backup pair with me on the water. Even a cheap pair is way better than none. Do you know what caused the lens to come loose? Just curious. Last time out I fell and bent the heck out of the wire frame and both lens popped out. Luckily they were in my shirt pocket so I didn't lose the lenses. A few minute wotk had the framed staightened and theyare like new again. HC

Default Broken Sunglasses....

The glare off of those beer bottles must've been somethin' awful....

Adam,.... What's this about using harsh language over broken sunglasses Doesn't sound too manly.... The Duke (John Wayne) woulda just broke the bottoms off a couple of beer bottles, made some frames from paper clips and kept right on goin'..... Spey Castin'
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

My lens fell out after the frame started to loosen. The lens fell out onto our tile floor and cracks shot through the lens. I really like those glasses. not very happy. I think that i would have made a sailor blush, not my finest moment

I shopuld have tightened the frame yesterday, I can only blame myself.

P.S. typing when drunk is not easy

Adam Grace

SullyTM Guest

Default Sunglasses

Hey Adam...I think the temple screws became loose which will cause lenses to fall out. Try carrying an eye glass repair kit...A couple of bucks at Long's or other drug store...Polarized are a must for the water...The difference between seeing the drop off and getting wet And, you don't have to spend big bucks to get a good pair of polarized! My problem is I always have to put on the "readers" to tie on a new fly Bwup!

I have two pairs of perscription Action Optics just in case of an accident on a trip. I would be in trouble without them.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I have another pair of less expensive AO glasses. My broken pair have the photocromic properties, they lighten and darken depending on light levels.

They are also much more attractive.

I'll live, but I will miss them for about two weeks.

Adam Grace

I too carry two pair of prescription - one in amber glass and one in plastic brown. I have had problems with AO lense popping out of the frames in the past - I just pop back in though I lost the glass ones once as they broke when they fell.

My friend Don Rotsma had a lens pop out in the middle of the Big Lost up in Idaho. About an hour later I was wading and saw the lens and being the nice guy I am I went to shore, stripped down and went diving for it - this was March so you must understand what a good friend Don is!!!

I had my wire frame Bolle's only a month when a screw fell out of the frame. I checked the other side and it was loose as well. I retightened them and thought ok I fixed it. A while later a lens fell out as I removed them, the crews were loose again. What to do? I decided to try Softex on the screw threads, next day I tried to unscrew the little bugger and it took a bit of effort to move it. So no more loose screws since. HC