Thread: Yuber report

Default Yuber report

Fished the Yuba above the bridge yesterday from 3 till dark. There were bugs out, but no serious numbers of fish working up top, very strange, because about 7 p.m., the weather cooled down at least 10 degrees in a matter of half hour? - seemed perfect. Didn't see a single car under the bridge when we pulled up, didn't see any other fisherman upstream either. Few sporadic rises here and there, tried to bring them up, nothing, swung to them, switched rods with shooting heads and streamers, no love. Put on the bobber and split shot on - maybe they just wanted the bugs dead drifted to them, it was almost like a light switch. We did well - everything worked - from big stones, caddis, tiny mayflies.

Thanks for the report CW. Maybe things are looking up! Well everything but the fish themselves
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Good to hear that someones catching fish on the Yuba.

Dead drifted nymphs are hard to beat, unfortunately.

Godd job Chucky
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

NP MSP .... I can see from many of your pics that you like to get them on top - more power to you.

Adam, I have had my tail handed to me more times then I care to admit, saw Greg up on the Yuba two weekends ago, was good to see him.

Boys, lets get up there one of these days, I'll bring an ice-chest chalk full of rootbeer (ahem, cough), maybe you guys can bring some sandwiches or snacks?