Thread: Rubicon river report

Default Rubicon river report

Jason, Cody and I took 11 young men to the Rubicon River fly fishing.
    The fishing was good with the fish taking dry flies .
    We used Yellow Humpies, Royal Wulffs and adult stone flies. We landed both Rainbow and Brown trout.

All small fish from 4''-11''.

Logan with one of 5 fish he landed.

Cody and Andrew watching logan try for another fish.

Andrew with his first fish.

A California Newt.

A photo of Cody fishing the Rubicon river.

Another view of the Rubicon river.

Jason helping Andrew learn to fly fish.

All the young men said they had a great time.

Take care
    -Rob

Default rubicon river

Hey Rob, nice pics of my favorite river, I see it's finally dropped to normal flows.Great spot to teach beginners isn't it?Ever fish the south fork about a mile upstream?
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Great picture of Andrew from HHS.... Good job guys.... Mr."A"....

Hey Ed

We did fish the south fork.
    The south fork is beautiful with water falls and beautiful deep pools great for snorkeling. We had a blast feeding the trout October Caddis.
    We have been fishing the Rubicon for around 7 years now and I love it. Its a great place to take kids but watch for Rattle snakes. This was one of the first years we did not see one. We also like to fish down river. We hike down river for a 1 1/2hrs in the AM then fish back to the car .Which will take all day to fish every hole.

God Bless
    -Rob

Hey Mr "A"

Andrew is a great young man.
    I have know Andrew for over 14 years.
    I regret not taking him fly fishing more often with my boys.
    We are moving soon to Logan Utah and I hope Andrew will be able to come and stay with us for a few weeks each summer.
    Andrew is a special young man and has been very kind to me all these years.

Take care
    -Rob

Nice report Rob. I fished the Rubicon one time about 6 years ago and caught a lot of fish on stimulators and ant patterns. Even manged to land a few fish over 14". Great little fishery that does not seem to get much attention.

Jason Hartwick
    Jason Hartwick
    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service
    www.steelheadonthespey.com

Rob, I like the downstream also, I used to hike down the riverbed like you until I found out about a couple of trails that go down there from the road.The closest one we just call the short trail, it's actually the slide point trail, takes about 15 minutes down and good for a couple hours fishing back to the bridge.The other is the lawyer trail, it's about 30 minutes to the water and all day to the bridge.Usually there's no signs at the trailheads because some people swipe them as fast as they put them up. Use your odometer to find the trails, the short trail is .08 from the bridge, very hard to spot as it's an old trail and not maintained for quite some time, the lawyer trail is about 2.3 from the bridge, you occaisionally see a car parked there.Oh yeah, at the bottom of the short trail about 2 hundred yards downstream there's a sandy area that can fit a bunch of campers if you ever need to. There are some big trout in that river but you have to work to find them.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.