Thread: The Yuba today

Default The Yuba today

I fished the Yuba river today with a fellow Fish First employee, Ryan Miller. The weather was great; warm but not very hot, slight breeze to partially windy and good water conditions. Unfortunately I landed only one trout(16"). That was the only trout landed today. Both Ryan and myself missed a couple of fish while fishing dry flies. My landed trout was caught on a Grasshopper pattern. Below is a picture of the fish.

The fishing is a little slow but the river looks great. The only insects I really saw were tons of dragonflies. No hatches to speak of.

We enjoyed a nice day out on the water, next time hopefully we will enjoy more Yuba trout.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

nice fish! nice pic!

Default Yuba Trout....

Adam,.... How is it that all of the fish you catch out of the Yuba are so beautifully marked and photogenic You bribing those fish or sumthin' :P :P :P
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Nice fish Adam! See you were wet wading. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Darian, I am very selective about the trout that I fish for. I spend my time on the beautiful ones

Mike, when the temps reach the mid 80's and higher wet wading the Yuba is the only way to go. The water feels soooooo good when it's warm outside. My buddy Ryan even took a few dips in the water. Pic below.

I didn't dip in that far but I also enjoyed the cool water.

I like to catch tons of fish but I can also enjoy a fun time even without many fish. The time out on the water with a friend on a beautiful day is very hard to beat.

Ryan and I spent at least an hour eating lunch talking and soaking in the sun. A very relaxing experience, no worries, just time to relax and fish.

Experiences like that keep me going.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Adam, I love your approach to fishing, made me start relaxing just reading and envisioning it. Thanks for reminding us all what it's all about.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.