Thread: Fishing with the Shad Master

Default Fishing with the Shad Master

Nice outing this afternoon with Shad Master David Lee and Jgoding. We even happened to get a few. Fished the "A" till dark. Nothing else seemed to be going on, not much of a Caddis hatch and just a few fish rolling around, most likely Shad. Thanks guys, we'll have to do it again

The boys getting the game face on.

The master with his game face on :P

Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Still being sarcastic , eh Mike ???

I would have thought dropping all of those easy hits might have helped you get rid of that - :P

Thanks for showing me a new spot , and really great to see JGoding get out an' GET 'EM !!

Here's the skinny ..... upstream wind around 20+MPH , nice bunch of Shad below a dropoff , Floating lines and #4-6 shooters were O.K. , but a type 2 or 3 would have done better ... Four doubles (two Shad at a time .... we didn't bring the Whiskey ) , all involved caught those silly little things pretty much all afternoon . Big Shad around 3 lbs. , small ones were 13 inches , Pink/pearl was the color .... along w/ Poo-paws ,

Little trash , no Stripes , and good company ..... good day in my book !!

Thanks again for taking us out

David

Hey Mike,

Thanks for driving, it was fun indeed. I think the best part was watching David hook up 5 fish in about 8 casts... Saw lots of cool wildlife as well as some other nice scenery

David and MSP pounded those shad in the end. Fun watching them double up and lose their fish together...LOL! In the end I think we caught around 20 fish between us all.

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Sounds like you guys had a grand time, good for you! Pretty cool to see board members getting together and hooking up on some fish.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.