Thread: Vest Storage Strategies

Default Vest Storage Strategies

I thought of a new way to store my indicators and streamers using round chew can style fly cups.

Here's a couple of pictures.

I don't nymph that much so I bring many different indicators with me for differnt nymphing situations. I used to keep these in a plastic bag but, bags like that don't last very long.

When ever I fish the Yuba River I bring a small selection of streamers with me. This round fly cup will keep my flies and my sinking leaders.

I keep the streamer can in my back pocket of my vest.

I love the new uses for these fly cups.

Bill sells these cup for 50 cents in his shop.

Try out my new little organizational idea and tell me how it works for you..
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

That looks great. I have been looking for something like that for awhile. I have a couple of pockets that are too small for some of my fly boxes when I want to bring everything.....but I don't want to buy any new ones. Sweet, problem solved.

Default Fly Vests???

I don't got to use no fly vest.... Good solution Adam.... However, long ago, I got sick and tired of wearing a vest. Now, anything I can't carry in a daypack, fanny pak, rain jacket or a shirt with large pockets, doesn't go with me..... The pack carries my waders/belt/socks, etc., as well as additional "stuff" I might need, including a first-aid kit.

I located a zippered pouches sold at REI with a mesh side on them to allow circulation of air for drying anything that gets wet. They organize everything in the pack/shirt and carry most everything I need. For the most part, they conform to the shape of the pocket they're in. Also, they're portable from one carrier to another. When I'm out in my boat, I drop the pack in and I'm ready to go.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

similarly I use empty Altoids tins. The 'sours' are round if that's what you need. I'm all about the 'cheap'
    Steelhead gear = $6287, no of adults caught = 3, amortized cost = $2,095.67, beaching that 30" fish and letting it go = priceless

SullyTM Guest

Default Vested interest

Darian...I have to use a vest Got one for nada from a buddy who works at a local fly shop...but. I stilll like a fanny pack

Hey Digger, I use Altoid tins also. My boss eats cinnamin mints like candy. I get his empties every week But, I wash them first...don't know if the fish can smell the spice Now, if I can only catch more fish.............