Thread: Recommendations - Quincy Area Trip

Default Recommendations - Quincy Area Trip

Hey BB Junkies

going to the Quincy area Friday for about a week - staying at Lower Buck's lake. any ideas for day trips?

Preferences:
    - Boys 7 & 11: would love to get them on some fish - easy place to catch some
    - Small creeks for me and my 3wt
    - Hex Hatch recommendations

Can anyone recommend/comment on Humbug Valley? read about it a lot. worth the trip?

thanks a million in advance.

bp
    Wishin' I was a Fishin'

Just to the north of Buck's Lake is a series of lakes called Three Lakes. I fished the upper lake a couple of times with good success. Great for the kids (SHHHHH I know we dont talk bait here but I have kids that love to fish also double shhhhh red worms and eggs) now for you and the fly rod dries am and pm around brush and fallen trees with a small twich for action fine fine leader super clear water. I was just getting started on the fly and used 14 EH caddis and 14 Royal Wolff.

I know it's not alot of info but I hope it helps.

Good luck

Default Bass/Perch....

Quincy's not too far from Greenville.... Just outside Greenville is Round Valley Reservoir. Good water for BB/Sunfish on flies or (gasp ) bait. Lotsa shoreline access and a canoe rental. No swimming or float tubes, tho. It's a muni water supply.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I am in Quincy about once a month. Lower Bucks is an awesome place right now for Brown trout. Fish the inlet from Bucks Lake. I do really well using small black buggers and then in the afternoons switch over to a white zonker and toss it against the south shore where it drops off deep. If you want to try a little more remote lake try Grizzly Forebay just above Bucks Lake. Again the lake is dominated by Brown trout but it is well worth the drive. The Browns out of this lake are the prettiest I've ever seen! Call Alan Bruzza in Quincy at the Sportsman's Den, he will fill you in on what hatches are happening and maybe even a better spot.