Thread: health of deer creek versus upper butte creek

Default health of deer creek versus upper butte creek

Dry flyfishing Deer creek yesterday was very surprising at the number of fry (3-4 inches) in the water, even at elam campground which gets alot of pressure on the weekends. I fished butte meadows the day before and didnt see a single native fry (did catch one nice sized native/holdover). Now I know if I went way upriver a mile or two past cherry hill I would run into some native rainbows and browns, but even when I have done so it was nothing like the ammount of fry taking drys last night at deer creek.

PS: I saw a fellow feather river flyfisherman with a friend at butte meadows on thursday, and the friend said that he caught a golden trout (in butte meadows). Arent the chances of that about 0 in a billion?

Default Golden???

Are there Golden Trout in the Butte Meadows area I guess maybe DFG has transplanted 'em in a lot of places but I didn't realize they'd been moved up there....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown