Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alaska Flies

Bottom line , fellas -

If I (or ANYONE) make a board member uncomforatable due to being rude , it ain't gonna fly . There's a huge difference between having a opinion , and venting one where it doesn't apply .

Paul had a civil , thoughtful question - and I , with utter disregard and without THINKING , saw "bead" and vented where it didn't belong - That went against everything everyone here stands for .... I can only hope that Paul will forgive my rudeness and continue to be a part of this community .

We ALL have worked very hard to make this board a haven from the garbage that plauges the other Flyfishing boards these days . I hope that we can keep up the high standards of the past few months here - I , for one , will try to think before I run-off at the mouth again .

C'mon w/ the Alaska answers ......

David

I was on the Kenai two years ago during the time you are going. This year I am going back on the 19th for a week.
    You are right about most people using beads. I did not find any Rainbows in Quartz or Crescent, but there were some real nice dollies there.

Russian river is supposed to have some really nice rainbows, only got to fish it for about two hours, just got a bunch of small ones though.

I did see some really nice ones though. Besides beads use flesh flies, or the cotton candy you mentioned. Russian River is supposed to be a good place to throw dries too, so you might try that out.

Kenai River will be difficult to fish unless you have a boat. If you want to chase silvers you would need to head about 2 hours down the sterling hwy toward Homer. Deep Creek and Anchor River are great for wading, they are only a little bigger than the upper Trinity. You can find them fresh from the ocean, about 1/4 mile from the ocean, maybe even less. I found crowds at Anchor then headed to Deep Creek and found some empty water with fish in it. Got them on purple egg-sucking leeches, but I hear pink anything usually works. Good Luck, you will have tons of fun.[/list]