Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alaska Flies

Well sai Bill, I think many of us are in the same boat as you. I believe after spending a few days on the water experimenting with different methods and such, one comes up with a few favorite techniques that as you say you can use almost all the time. They may not always be the most effective technique but numbers don't seem to matter as much anymore. I say if I can't catch em my way I'm going home!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Mike,

You said it better with way less text.

It isn't always as effective and it really doesn't matter that much anymore.

Just nice to be at this age and still feeling good.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I hear you guys. I far prefer using a floating line, even when I know it's not the best approach. And, there are some days I'd just as soon catch 'em on top or not catch 'em at all. Unfortunately, on these days, sometimes I don't catch 'em at all.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

If only the standard floating line would be as effective as an indo-nymphing rig!

I think almost everyone would rather fish with a floating line without any heavy JUNK attached to the end.

To bad the JUNK produces a lot of fish.

I need to stop using the junk it KILLS my gimpy wrist. I only break out the Junk when I cannot get anything without it. I switched to the JUNK the other day on the Yuba and boy is my wrist screaming at me right now. Not to mention that the JUNK trowing can be very messy and troublesome, not all too fun.

Float on my board brothers!

Let's take a page from Bill's book and try to select more apprpriate times to fish the JUNKless floating line.

Power to the people
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Wow. Seems like most of my posts stir up some sort of ethics debate.
    My apologies for riling everyone up...won't happen again
    L8er,
    Paul

Don't be sorry.

Topics like this make the board more interesting, in my opinion.

Adam Grace

Default Ethic's???

Hey Paul,.... Most of us up here tend to forget that there're places in California where a guy has to travel a lengthy distance to get into some decent Trout fishing.... Especially with dry flies....

Were're blessed, up here, with a number and variety of opportunities to do just that. I guess that tends to get us into a place where debates of this nature just pop up out of nowhere....

I'm with Adam, tho. I kinda like a livley discussion of almost anything. Used to get me in some trouble at work on occassion....

Soooo, I hope you're not put off.... Your posts make this BB a good place to visit.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Paul -

Please except my apology for ranting off the topic .

My raving had nothing to do with your question , and it was wrong of me to go off on a tangent . The last thing I want to do is discourage anyone from posting on this board , especially someone who has actively taken part in posting , discussion , and Flyswaps . In the future , I will try harder to keep to the point , and to keep the ragging down .

Once again , I'm sorry - please keep up the posts .

David Lee

David, you're such a SAVAGE

Stop causing problems

Adam Grace

David, but if you didn't go off, we wouldn't have heard that quaint expression of yours. You know, the part about lighting your rear end on fire and putting it out with a pitchfork. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.