Thread: Salmon in American

Default Salmon in American

I was on a bike ride from Lake Natoma to Folsom Lake yesterday, and while heading up over the Hazel Bridge and down by the dam, I saw at least three different guys hauling salmon out from the basin area. The fish looked fairly bright as well. Are these spring-run fish? Time to get down to the American boys!!!!!

K-

Caught this clea fish in the basin last week....then released. I saw around 20 fish roll in about two hours.

Nice looking chromer. Did you catch it on a fly rod? If so it proabably put up one hell of a fight.

Jason Hartwick

Unfortunatly no . Maybe next time as I was unprepared to find salmon up and avail.

I have heard of fresh run King Salmon in many Valley rivers.

Lower Yuba, Lower Sac and now Lower American.

I am sure they are in the Lower Feather too.

They move through quickly to as far as they can go and usually hang right below what ever dam the end up at.

They are usually caught all summer by conventional angler at "Dark-thirty" in the morning.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene
    I have heard of fresh run King Salmon in many Valley rivers.

Lower Yuba, Lower Sac and now Lower American.

I am sure they are in the Lower Feather too.

They move through quickly to as far as they can go and usually hang right below what ever dam the end up at.

They are usually caught all summer by conventional angler at "Dark-thirty" in the morning.
    Hi Bill, yes, I have been having fun catching summer run steelhead and resident fish by the fish hatchery on the feather, and have seen salmon swimming around (and the poachers fishing for them in the "drain pipe" hole).

I have a relative that wants to get into fly fishing and lives by hazel and oak. Is their any good dry fly or nymph holes in this area?