Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Davis Lake

I have heard a few promising reports from Davis so am headed up this weekend to fish with Don again. This time I am bringing dog bones that I will sneak into his jacket pocket in an attempt to equalize things a bit!! Will let you know how it goes

Default Davis Lake....

Hey Rick,.... Are you going to replace the sanded down plug for Don's boat (resulting from your last trip) Maybe he's replaced it already. Of course, Don may be placing some more suicidal Trout in appropriate spots in order to create the opportunity for a repeat performance
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hey Rick
    Try some wire leaders and Gurglers.
    My unnamed friend said he took over 30 Pike there last week.One gurgler was good for about 7 fish.I didn't ask how big they were,but you may want to find out.Go get"em

I have tried to catch pike out of Davis but I have been skunked, maybe I was fishing at the wrong time.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Gurgler, eh? Topwater pike sounds like a kick. Wonder if a deerhair Tap's Bug would outlast a Gurgler. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

SullyTM Guest

Adam...Don't shave the next time you're at Davis Lake. Pike like the He-Man look

Hope college life agrees with you. SullyTM

It was in the low 30's in the morning so we did not get an early start but thigs were still slow. Don had one nice fish on but I managed to cast over his fish and get my line tangled in the mess and he lost it .

I had one grab - again must have been one of those intelligent fish! The dogs stayed home.

Quite a few blood midges and callibaetis hatching but no surface activity and we hit it hard with various patterns. A few folks on the lake and no one seemed to be doing much. But the wind died down and it got really nice on the lake so all in all not a bad way to spend a day!!

That night went into Reno with Don and saw Creedence - they were awesome!

Thanks for the advice Thom :P
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member