Thread: starting out

Default starting out

Here's my grandson's first actual caught-it without help fish. Teaching kids is a lot more frustrating than teaching adults.Had to call up more patience than I thought I had.If it wasn't for Billy's strong desire to catch fish on a fly rod I probably would have turned him off of fishing forever. Turned out well though, he caught a bunch of fish and is really turned on to it now. Bluegills to the rescue. :P
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Ed were you guys fishing the ponds in Bannister Park

That water looks familiar.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Looks like we have another potential customer here?

Great picture.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default starting out

Yes to both of the above. The pic is from the second pond in from the river. The first pond is close to the river and is high and murky. Saw some good bass down deep but they wouldn't come up in the middle of the day.We caught tons of 'gills, redear sunfish, green sunfish, and a few baby bass.The American is still very high, we walked down to the san juan rapids for a look and saw a few rafts go by, one of them flipped over.I'm not liking the look of that river yet.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

GREAT job ED! I'll bet he had a blast. I'll also bet he'll never forget this experience.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

SullyTM Guest

Default Fish On

That young man has GAME! Good catch!

Hey 'Stack and luck with those Delta bass flies

Hi Thom! Uh, not yet. Went on Saturday and didn't catch a thing. Got one half-hearted hit on top and that was it for about 3 hours of fishing in the South Delta. Water level looks normal now but there was a LOT of sediment in the water -- every time a boat went by, water visibility went to zero and it would stay that way for a long time. I spent quite a bit of time waiting for the water to clear after boats went by. Briefly tried that black chenille plastic worm imitation I posted a picture of under the Fly Tying topic area but, with the bead chain eyes, it was sinking too fast to my liking and getting gobbed up with weeds. I'm going to try tying it San Juan-style and leaving it unweighted. I'll let you know how it goes. . . . I forgot to take the wet pinkys with me . I also neglected to bring Clousers, which you should ALWAYS take with you when fishing for bass in the Delta. Ah well, I won't make that mistake next time. Also, next time, I intend to fish water where motored boats can't go.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.