Thread: Fuller Lake

Default Fuller Lake

About four days ago Gregg and I fished Fuller Lake for about two hours until dark. We each caught one small rainbow each but we caught them with a dry fly which made it even more fun. There were tons of trout midging, but like a dork I forgot to bring my midge box. Neither of us had an #18 or #20 midge dry so we basically watched fish rise and hoped that another stupid fish would grab one of our flies.

The weather was great until the sun set, it became cold quickly, like it normally does in higher elevations. Bring mosquito spray with you if you plan on visiting the lake. Once you are out on the water they barely bug you, but whenever you are on dry land be aware.

I noticed that there were some winged termites flying around and laying on the water. They are cinnamon in color and they are about a size #14-12. We both caught our fish on a black flying ant #14. The profile was correct but the flies were too dark.

We stripped and trolled buggers as soon as we got there but we switched over to a dry soon after.

Here is Gregg float tubing for the first time.

Here is great showing me his fly choice.

We had fun and Gregg got to float around like a cork, it was a good day.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Default Float tube????

Hey Adam,.... Float tube That thing looks more like a raft :P :P Pretty setting, tho
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown