Thread: NO TRANSPORT!

Default NO TRANSPORT!

Hey guys, the best you can do is a shore lunch. The fish have to be immediately beheaded and left at the lake. No transport under any circumstances. DFG will give out fines.

Personally, I enjoy a big stick and a game of pike baseball!
    When all else fails, put down the pole and swim with the dog.

Default Pike Reg's

Traci,.... I'm a little confused about the transportation angle.... Section 5.51 of the Reg's indicates in part, "....The angler shall maintain the head and body of the fish in refrigerated or frozen condition, whenever possible, until the Department collects the Northern Pike." In an earlier part, the reg's require the angler to keep the fish and report to DFG within 24 hours of making the catch... .

Doesn't sound like the fish may be eaten... . Also, I don't see anything banning transport to a source of refrigeration... . Did DFG personnel give you this info
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Darian... you are either brilliant, or have way too much time on your hands. I didn't even know there was a regulation book, and it has sections?!? :P :P

Default You're right Darian!

Sorry. This is the old rule, from about two years ago-- No transport and body must be left at lake. I tell ya, if I catch one, off comes the head and the rest is crawdad feed or fodder for the BBQ.

Tracy
    When all else fails, put down the pole and swim with the dog.