Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: motorbike fishing

Darian,
    depends on a combination of ambient air temperature and how developed the fly larvae on the carcass are. If it has been too warm and the larvae seem to be well on there way to adult-hood then I simply roll on the carcass to cover my sent then scalp it and take the horns if any. Otherwise, break out the china boys its dinner time!
    Uh-O, I may have gone too far on that one, hope I didn't make anyone sick.
    2short

Default WOW!!!!

I'll bet women (....and female bears) can smell the pheramones from 10 miles around
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Darian,
    from your earlier post sounds like you've fished the area quite a bit. [The area you fished used to be one of my favorites... . Don't know why it still isn't I really like the town of Downieville....] A newbe like me could certainly benefit from your local expertise.
    2short

Default Downieville Area???

Thanks for the compliment.... But, it's been awhile since I fished in that area. The creeks/river you fished up have a lot to offer... . They're getting a bit crowded now, tho. I always fished that area with dry flies, in the fall and enjoyed many days of good fishin'.... Downieville hasn't changed much at all... .

For me, the best fishing is below Hwy 49 on the No. Fork.... The only problem to worry about is trespassing on mining claims.... These miners are a very paranoid/testy group... .

The next section is upstream Downieville; away from the easy access points.....When you get to the Bassets area (Sierra Buttes), there's a turnoff to some lakes that can be accessed off the road and using your motorbike. Beyond that, it's backpackin' time.... The east side of the Sierra's in that area offers some good fishin', too.

When the fishin' slows down, go get a gold pan and wash out some nuggets... . (a nine pound nugget was found on the Yuba near Goodyear Bar in the early '60's )

Gotta get a map and do some explorin'... .
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown