Thread: South Fork of the Pit River needs help

Default South Fork of the Pit River needs help

Here is a copy of an email I just received from friends of the Pit River. We don't need any more dams or power houses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Bill!

We badly need letters to protect the fly fishing area of the South Fork of the Pit River where a hydroplant is being proposed. They want to bring water levels down to 5 cfs to 7.5 cfs.

We are encouraging letters to be sent asap to:

Jane Biggerstaff
    Modoc State Forest
    800 12th Street
    Alturas, California 96101

As many letters as we can get, we can save this eastern Sierra fly fishing area.

Thanks,

Linda Bruzzone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Da Pit

Bill,
    Although I have never been that high on das Pit, it must be a magical stream. Lots of hoodoo and voodoo, and that thing that you doo, up there in the High Desert.
    I'll vote for a trout stream over a kilowatt every day...sometimes twice in the same election. My letter is in the mail.

SullyTM Guest

Default Dam IT

Hi Bill...Can Ms. Bruzzone provide the Forum with some additional information (web link?) about this issue. I'd like to send a letter and want to be able to sound like I know what's going on. Thanks. thom