Thread: Is there a Sacramento area flyfishing club?

Default Is there a Sacramento area flyfishing club?

Recent emigree from the Bay Area, and was wondering if Sacramento hosted a club like my alma mater, the GGACC in Golden Gate Park.

Many Thanks,
    Kbarton

Default Fly Fishing Club's

Welcome to the BB community,..... Not to many clubs around here with the tradition of your old one but there're two clubs within short distance....

California Fly Fishing Unlimited is a local club with good rep. Another is the Garnite Bay Fly Casters in the northeast area. Also, a very good club. Maybe some of the other BB members'll chime in wsith some additional info....

Good luck....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Darian, uh. . . , not trying to be a smartypants but I think you meant Granite Bay Fly Casters? ONLY point this out in case he tries to do a web search on the other name he might come up with zero.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairstacker
    Darian, uh. . . , not trying to be a smartypants but I think you meant Granite Bay Fly Casters? ONLY point this out in case he tries to do a web search on the other name he might come up with zero.
    Not a problem, I had found a reference to the Granite club elsewhere, but couldn't get a location for them - I thought that it might me a Lake Tahoe area club... and "garnite" is the proper pronuciation of "granite" if you are cinching a nail knot closed with the tag end clenched in your teeth...

...and yes, your dentist would be pissed...

Many Thanks on the tip - I will research them further.

KB

KB,
    I am a member of the Granite Bay Fly Casters, and though I don't participate nearly as much as I'd like, I can atest to the fact that it is a GREAT club. The web site is here...
    http://www.gbflycasters.org/
    Good Luck,
    Derek

And within a short drive is the Davis Fly Fishers
    http://www.dcn.davis.ca.us/go/ffd/
    "Fishing with bait is like paying for sex" unknown saltwater flyfisher

First thing .... Welcome Kbarton !!

Second ...... This board is also , kind of an unofficial club . One thing's for sure - you WILL meet new folks to talk or fish with here . I hope you enjoy it

David

Well said David!

KB - This is actually a club of sorts. A "cyber" club. And you will not meet better people with more experience on the local waters. Though there has not been official meetings and outings (at least not that I've been invited too! ), many members fish together and I suppose as this this morph's further, "fish outs" and get togethers will be common.

Again, welcome. Glad you found the site!

SteelieD, as far as I'm aware, there haven't been any official meetings or outings. Or to be more accurate, I haven't been invited to any either. There has been talk about doing a board fishout at some to-be-determined lake or pond but it has never progressed beyond the "we should do this" stage. There has also been discussion about doing a multi-day group float down the Feather later this year (look in the "Boats" topic area). There seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for that one, although it hasn't been discussed recently, and we still need to find a reliable source of bear grease for Adam. Mostly though, folks have been hooking up (many times for the first time) on an impromptu basis on local waters. By the way, I have heard nothing but very positive comments about these hook-ups -- not surprising given the good nature of the folks on this board.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.