Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cement Pond Won't Be a Bonanza for Long!

Default Cement Pond Won't Be a Bonanza for Long!

Sorry!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

SullyTM Guest

Default Vent On

MSP...I hear ya brother! At the local creek here in Negativeland for the past 2 years I have come across my share of "poachers" who think nothing of taking Chinook after Chinook! I'll put on a happy face when I tell them that game wardens patrol on a regular basis...and to drive home the point home I take out my cell and hit the speed-dial(yes, I have the local game warden on speed)...Who owns/oversees that pond? Try putting up signs that say: Catch & Release Only, Barbless Hooks, CA State Fishing License needed...That might keep the knucklehead factor down. VENT ON!!! SullyTM

I despise poachers like that.

I hope the get very sick for many days.

No respect for the fish!

Next time snag THEM with a nice little 2/o clouer through their ears or any other facial structure.

I think that I have some unresolved anger towards people like that who damage our fisheries.

Maybe just wave your finger at them and shake your head
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Default Poachers....

"Poachers".... . Hmmmmm,.... "Not of American Decent",.... . Hmmmm....
    Ya know, it's entirely possible that we're being just a little too indignant, here .

As far as I can tell, it's not illegal to fish with bait or barbed hooks at the "cement pond". Further, it doesn't sound like the fishermen exceeded the legal limit for Bluegill in California... . Thom may have a better case for anadromous species... .

Let's be realistic here. We're all offended by killing of fish (unless it suits us to "take one for the table". That includes me....), regardless of our hertitage. Not so sure that any one of us is able to distinguish who is of "American decent" in such a short interval, either.... . Mike tried to engage these guys in conversation and that's good... . But, please.... Lets not jump to conclusions and maybe try to educate rather than raise issues that're inflammatory It doesn't serve us well....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Immigrants , of ALL races , have no idea what catch and release means -that is a fact , not a bigoted statement .

In the "3rd-world" , you keep what you catch - I do not like to see that here , where we have a supermarket on almost every corner . I don't see any good reason to pull fish off of spawning beds -AT ALL .

Is this Pollitical correctness ?? Nope , just the way things are . With our population bursting at the seams , we NEED to conserve , not take everything we can . Am I "anti-Immigrant" ?? Shit , NO - just really tired of seeing people bring "ethics" from the stone age into my country and rape the land and water .

And there are more than a few AMERICAN fish-hogs that need to get with the program , as well .

Send hate mail to my PM address , please . David

Nothing can prevent the knucklehead factor because they don't give a rat's A#$ in the first place. Perhaps they need to hire someone to monitor their wild life they've established since the Republicans errrrrr California doesn't have the budget to hire the correct amount of people to do it.... Either way the problem is endemic as no one can agree or wants to manage/enforce management on individual fisheries (big or small) worth a crap in this state......

Also it's how people are raised... if something is free, take take take take take take take take take take take take.... or if you can get away with it.... take take take take take take take take take take take take.....

What I hate the most about people who fish like this though... is they're the first people to bitch that the fishing sux!!!

My 10 cents worth.....
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

SullyTM Guest

Darian...You make some good points. I assumed the Cement Pond was a Catch & Release site because of it's proximity to a housing development. You're right about peoples(all people) right to keep fish, however, sometimes the "amount" of fish kept is hard to swallow. If there are no regulations preventing what number of fish that can be kept then C&R will be an individual choice. Have I ever kept a fish for the dinner table? Yes! Do I keep enough fish to feed an army? No! I think MSP was correct in trying to educate these folks that it might be a good thing to think about the spawning aspect and not keep so many...Now, let's get started on those June Swap flies! SullyTM

Default Rants!!!!

Perhaps I've opened a can of worms, here... . Still can't agree with the level of righteous indignation on this one... . Altho killing that many fish is regrettable, nothing illegal has happened, here. If these people had a license to fish they're legally entitled to catch and keep those fish.

I especially disagree with the references to non American decent or immigrants... . Making blanket statements about immigrants of all races is probably not factual and is inflammatory . For example, our neighbors to the north and south are immigrants when they're here and of non American decent. Those I know or have met, practice catch/release and are equally concerned about conservation, etc. There are other examples....

Individuals do damage; not entire races of people. As Jeff points out, there's nothing you can do about the "knucklehead factor"

This type of discourse adds nothing to the valid points being raised about the condition of the fishery or the laws... . It does indicate the level of frustration with the condition of the states efforts or lack of same to enforce fish & Game laws/reg's.... . And the impact on our fisheries..... .

Nuff said.. . I'm done on this subject... .
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Uh. . . , anybody catching any bass?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Hell Yes HAIR! I'm catching a ton of small bass, ON TOP!

I thought that I would chime in again with my bass pond stories.

I am happy to tell all of you that the average size seems to be increasing.

Here is an example:

Not huge but larger than most.

I know there's monsters out there, I'm still looking.

How about you guys?
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member