Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flamin' Bass N 'Gills !!!!!

Thom, I don't live on the water per say. My house is a 100 yrds or so away from the pond. The skeeters haven't been a problem, of course I usually fish mid day. Not exactly prime time but it doesn't seem to matter too much. Getting lazy in my old age you know!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Since the fish were all in the top 3 feet of water , you could see them plain as day ... Most were on beds or fighting , but a good amount were crusing the break less than 10 feet off shore .

Interesting thing - I saw at least 3 fish that I thought were Bass by their size alone ..... after a closer look , they turned out to be monster Bluegills . Most of them we caught were an honest 7 to 9 inches long .... but the three I saw were at least 4-5 inches longer .

After the spawn is finished , we should be able to tempt a few of the bigger ones - that should be amusing on the 4 wt.

I don't know how MSP does it - if that was MY cement-pond ...... I'd drop dead from fishing it constantly . David

Drop dead from fishing it constantly? You and me both! I'll have to pay MUCH more attention to these things if I ever decide to move.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

SullyTM Guest

Default Close to Home

Hairstacker...Look on the dull side...100 yards from home!!! Heck the wife can walk out the back door and yell: "MSP YOU GET HOME RIGHT NOW FOR DINNER!!!" But, you have to admit being close to the water is nice...I'm a 5 minute walk from my pond...and I can't here the wife yell for me

hey does'nt this 18", 3lb. bluegill story belong in the 124 lb. catfish thread ?

SullyTM Guest

Default Smile for the camera

MSP and David...In all of the excitement of viewing your pictures I forgot to ask: "What flies were you using?" Thanks. Thom

Hi Thom, I got 2 Bass on David's BUGSKIN CRAW and 1 on a Carpet Caddis dry. All my Bluegill came on a Carpet Caddis Emerger. I'm not sure what David got his fish on.

Geez the size of those Gills are getting scary! (18*, 3Lbs) The one I got yesterday was measured at 10", I think that is was one of the larger ones, they look pretty small in the water until you try to hoist them over the block wall. Better be using 3X! I'm thinking of taking a hand gaff next time!

I'm thinking today might be a nice day to take a stroll around the cement pond and look for Ellie Mae!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

SullyTM Guest

Default Gills

Thanks Mike...Good luck with Moby Dick this weekend. Thom

I just KNEW those bugskin craws would be KILLERS. David should be selling those things. I keep an eye on mine to make sure it doesn't crawl out of the box.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

SullyTM Guest

Default Craws

Hairstacker...10:25AM and you're on the FORUM I know why I'm not out fishin'...what's you're excuse I'm on the water tomorrow at 6AM!!! HA