Thread: Trout Food

Default Trout Food

Hi Folks!

I am just now begining to learn about trout food and thought I would share a site with you that I came across during one of my google escapades.

http://www.troutnut.com

It's pretty amazing to me that my fly (PT, Prince, Brid's nest, Soft hackles, etc.) rarely resembles anything underwater. Perhaps they were right when they said, "90% of catching fish is about presentation." I guess trout will hit anything that looks "alive", what ever "alive" means I have yet to figure out...

Any way, hope you all like it...
    RdC

Slack, very cool site, thanks!! The bug pictures alone are awesome but I particularly liked looking at the underwater photos of fish and the photos of the smallies that were caught.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Trout Food....

Hey Slack,.... someone once said that the best tied fly was a poor representation of the original (....not a direct quote 'cause I couldn't recall the exact words or who said it and am not willing to look it up, again ).

I'm a believer in impressionism in tyin' and presentation in fishin'....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown