Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rod Question....

Darian,

I mispoke when I said I needed more backbone to chuck the flies further. I really needed a heavier line to get them out there. oops In any event my 10 was a little soft to cast the needed line weight.
    RdC

Darian,

I saw on the SW board that you may be flying Aero California. I never have any problems carrying my rods on board.

Recently, I carried on 3 rods.

-2 3 piece 8wts
    -1 4 piece 10wt

BE WARNED. Last time I flew with them from LAX to CABO they lost my luggage. Thing is, there was no F#%#$* connection. The fools at the ticket counter sent my stuff to some far away place in Mexico. Luckily I had my gear on the plane with me.
    RdC

Default Carry On Rod Tube

Darian,

Whenever I travel to fish, I put all my rods in a Sage Travel tube 42" long. All three piece rods. I take them out of the metal tube but leave them in the sock only. That way it is easy to take 5 to 7 rods. My wife and I just got back from fishing Kona a couple of months ago. In the tube (carry-on) I took an 8w.,9w.,10w,11w.,12w., and a 13w. I fished bluewater with Capt. Del Dykes for three days and all along the shore the rest of the time.

My reels travel as carry-on with me as well and I've never had a problem except once when they took a hook file from me.

I'll be heading to the Yucatan in August and this is exactly how I go.

Go with the Cam Sigler. I almost bought his 14w. at the San Rafael Show but couldn't quite talk myself into it. Yet :P
    TONY

Default Cam Sigler Rods...

Thanks to all for the info. I was always leaning toward the Sigler rod . Pearson brought up a good point about the difference between the 10 wt and 12 wt for Baja..... If I have a choice, I would split tghe difference and get an 11 wt..... Special thanks to tony for the ideas on transport .
    Gotta get up off my ___ and go cast a few

Actually, this is kind of a fun process.... .

To David's earlier post I reply, I sure hope they're impressed
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Choice!!!

OK guys,.... After casting a 12 wt., I chose the Cam Sigler rod. Altho, my castin' arm has been ailing lately (....too much racquetball ), was able to get the full wt forward line off the reel with this rod in Bill's lot.... Lotsa backbone there .

If Sigler made an 11 wt., I might've opted for that.... OK now the fish in Baja better watch out....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown