Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dry-fly hackle question -

I remember walking to school in San Francisco one morning - Cal Bird had been using some Australian Opossum in his tying demonstration at the club that weekend - when I spotted a freshly thumped Opossum lying near the curb...

I scanned the surrounding houses quickly for mean old ladies, then whipped out the ever-present dull Buck knife and skinned the corpse in between an 81' Honda and a T-Bird.

What was left over (after pocketing my booty) was a naked pink torso that might have passed for a small dog or cat... Fearing reprisal, I melted into the underbrush as quickly as I could ....I just knew that Madam Flauntleroy was liable to fetch her paper and see me preparing her missing tabby for the barbeque....

Default Road Kill!!!!

What,.... No Possum stew :P :P
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Just what does 'genetic' mean in terms of hackle anyway?

You know, it's too bad dog hair isn't used. I have a golden retriever that has an annual shedding season...starts in January and ends in December.

That's quite a season Digger.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Genetic hackle could mean birds raised only for their feathers. It wouldn't be US only, cause that would be domestic. Possibly gene tracking, recording and defining would play into the definition also.
    Bob Scheidt