Thread: The Concrete Pond

Default The Concrete Pond

Well with the weather today didn't have to work this morning so I hit the Concrete Pond again. Pretty fun today getting around 15 Bass on a Balsa Minnow I created about 20 years ago. I knew that thing would work eventually, until I hit the iron fence and busted the hook on a backcast So I came home and hate to say this but got the ultralite out and went back with a Baby Spook and nailed a few more. The fish were a little smaller today but still around 1 1/2 pounds. Great fun watching those fish bust the surface. I feel like I'm catching my pets! Oh well it's a dirty jopb and I quess somebody has to do it! Till next time, good fishin'.
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Default Concrete Ponds

AMEN!!!! (....It's a tough job part)
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Mike, 15 bass? That's fantastic! I can tell you're going to be tying a lot of topwater bass bugs in the near future.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Hey Mike, I can't seem to get them to hit a popper yet, deer hair or balsa. This guy was fishing a jointed Rapala and nailed 5 Bass in just a few minutes, so I went back with the Balsa Minnow. Well I guess you're right, I'm sitting here right now glueing some balsa around a hook. Boy those fish are in trouble now!

mike

Mike, next time you see David Lee, have him demonstrate one of his Crease flies for you. Darn things have more action built into 'em than a rapala. I think you will be very impressed, as I was, and those bass will fear you and talk about you behind your back.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I'll do that Mike, thanks. David?

mike