Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MAY Fly Swap UPDATE

SullyTM Guest

Default #20

Mike etal., Yep good tip on tying small flies...I did tie a #16, then #18 and then a #20...still a challenge. Jeff...#32! I'm going to work on my 20's, but I really appreciate your offer. Wouldn't think of having you do any tying unless I can reminburse you somehow...Wanna trade? PM me and let's dicker...

Yep, thank you Jeff, that is a very kind, generous offer, much appreciated!

Size 32 . . . I can't imagine. I bought some Orvis 24's a little while back just because they were on sale but I can't imagine tying on anything smaller than those. I mean those 24s are TINY. I've never even seen a 32 but I think it would be fun to tie one just for the heck of it. Come to think of it, that would make for an interesting fly swap -- one restricted to size 20s and smaller. Could mail them off in those little toy containers you get out of the quarter machines at Safeway.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Dry Flies.....

Haven't tied any dry flies for some time and am, less than fondly, recalling the hackling problems involved.... ARRrrrrrgh Hope you guys like relatively large dry flies... . Like on size 12, 200R's.....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Well, I must admit, I haven't actually tied anything on those really small hooks yet but I have tied down to a 28 without too much trouble. Just have use small enuff materials to get the proportions of the fly correct without a lot of bulk. But I hear what you guys are saying, after tying those zuddler's and then switching back to a size 14 hook, I was like damn, everything seems so much smaller than it used too.... So Mike and Thom, maybe you need an exact opposite approach, I will send you guys those size 32's and smaller and try tying on those for a bit. Then when you put those 20, 22's in the vice they will seem huge!... LOL

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

SullyTM Guest

Thanks Jeff...Just enclose them with the May Swap Flies. Hey Mike, can you spin deerhair for a #32?! :P

SullyTM Guest

Default TICK...TICK...TICK...

Just received Darian's Stimulators...They are just asking to be fished 3 down, 3 to go...David, Hairstacker and Jeff I'm sure are slaving away at thier vises because the weather has been lousy that past couple of days With the holiday weekend approaching you guys probably want to get them done this week...who wants to tie this weekend? Thanks Darian for the toe tags and material list...

Oh, one other item...I don't have a digital camera to post pictures so do I have a May Swap volunteer who can/will do this when I mail them out? Thanks. Thom

Well, I mailed 'em off. I tried to mail 'em yesterday but, on the way to the post office, realized I had forgotten the toe tags. Hope you all like 'em, I think they're kind of cute.
    -- Mike

SullyTM Guest

Default May Swap

Mike...Cute is good! Looking forward to seeing them...David and Jeff are hard at work I'm sure Remember guys, you don't want to be tying over the holiday weekend...Thanks to all who participated. It's been fun. Thom

SullyTM Guest

Default MEMORIAL DAY UPDATE

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Pulling weeds and enjoying it!

Has everyone finished their May Swap Flies? Hairstacker, Jeff and David have not been received...But if you're out catching fish, I'll understand...Later

Hi Thom!

Mine should have gone out in Thursday's mail according to the post office schedule. I'm rather surprised you didn't get them by Saturday. Well, I don't think mail's running today due to the holiday but you should definitely get them by tomorrow. By the way, I followed your "c/o" mailing instructions, so it went to your work -- only mention this, as I'm not sure you're checking there.

Have fun with the weeds, ha. I usually just nuke 'em myself.
    -- Mike