Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MAY Fly Swap UPDATE

Default May Fly Swap....

Hi Thom,.... Haven't started tying yet.... . Still winding up the April Swap activities... .
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Hi Thom! I tied four just to play around with proportions to see what I liked best but struggled mightily with my bobbin fraying the heck out of my thread. Like on every wrap. So, gave it up and went and bought a new bobbin today (Griffin Supreme ceramic). Should be back in the saddle this weekend.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Thom - Can't quite sort-out a fly ..... Thinking about a deer-hair dry Damselfly , a foam October Caddis , a foam Giant Stone .... I just cannot seem to get my mind together (not unusual) .

I have never tyed a dry - I don't fish drys -I am goin' nuttier than a $#@!-house Rat from this rain -the walls are closing in-have to work tomorrow-no Stripes-Dogs are crankey-Cats are staring-Funnel clouds-G.W. Bush-high gas prices ......

I'll have a Beer and get back to ya

David(MAD :P )Lee

Well, I never would have believed it if he hadn't said it himself -- there actually EXISTS a type of fly David hasn't tied. And him being someone who ties more types of flies than I was aware existed. Silicone? No problem. Epoxy, tube, crease, classic saltwater, deer hair, wool, etc., etc.? No problem. Enrico streamers? Child's play in David's hands. I, for one, am absolutely shocked by this revelation. I think it might be safe to announce that the rain has now stopped for the season.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default Floating Pattern????

David,..... How 'bout an Beahead Olive Wooly Chernobyl Ant It'll glow in the dark... .

That combo of materials has the kind of authority on the water that'd make any Trout worthy of his stripe beggin' for more :P :P . Where's my vice/materials Gotta start tying some of those baby's.....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

SullyTM Guest

Mike...I think you missed out on the rain. It came down in buckets yesterday around 5PM. Hail the size of peas!!!. Destroyed half of my garden!!! This week it will reach 80 degrees. That should make David feel better. Speaking of David...As Swap master for May I am willing to cut him some slack. I know he can tie a dry, however, David, if got something up your sleeve and it "sinks" go for it. Deadline isn't until later this month. Enjoy.

No worries , Thom - I think I might have goofed around w/ a couple of drys when I was starting out ....

My fly for the May Swap will be ....... The alpine version of Andy Burk's Deer-Hair Damsel - In Olive

Not too different from the one Umpqua sells , just smaller to match those beautiful little kites

Wish me luck 'cause I haven't tyed anything smaller than a #6 Dragonbugger in a LONG time

David

SullyTM Guest

David...The sun is out...no rain in sight...beer on ice...thought you might be down on the AR scaring up some Shad or Stripers? I can only dream....thom

SullyTM Guest

Default SWAP UPDATE

...how goes the tying? Deadline next weekend. Just checking... Any "fish" stories from this weekend! Bye.

Please see the warmwater section , Thom ...... Tales to tell !! david