Thread: Morning as Good as Evening?

Default Morning as Good as Evening?

Like most of us I am anxiously awaiting the shad to move up the river in the near future. My work schedule has kind of changed this year and I don't see many opportunities for evening fishing unforunately but the morning is actually open for me. Is the morning time decent for shad fishing as well as the evening is?

Default AM/PM (not a mini-mart....)

Hi Steven,..... My experience has been that if you get the right fly in front of a Shad it doesn't matter what time of the day it is (....as long as it's legal fishing time, of course.... ).

Shad are here, already . The biggest problem for wading fisherman, now, is water levels/temps in valley rivers... . With warm rains coming and high flows/low water temps already in place, it doesn't bode well for Shad fishing... .

If you have access, look to the lower Yuba River, first . If you can't catch any fish, you can stop at some very good farms and get some fresh fruit/cherries....

Good Shad fishing for wading is probably a week or more away....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I would get real excited about going out wading in June as that is normally the top month for wading in the American river.

AM and PM is always better but if you can get it down in front of them mid-day it can be great too.

Weeknight evenings is for the normal 8-5 Sacramento working crowd.

Weekday mornings are for the retired in Sacramento.

Weekends are for the out of towners.

Seems like we are using smaller flies now.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........