Thread: 4 weigt rod recommendations

Default 4 weigt rod recommendations

I am thinking aboug getting a fast action 4 weight rod that won't break my bank account. I'd appreciate any advice you might be able to give.

Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill! What price range are you in for?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Hi Bill and welcome to the board.

I just purchased a Scott A2 4wt. Though I have only lawn cast it a few times, it has a great feel. It is listed by Scott as a "Medium-Fast" and that feels about right to me. There are certainly faster rods out there and Scott is a great manufacturer with many models. The A2 is not a check book killer either, lists at $285. You can certainly spend more and you can certainly spend less! I'm sure others will chime in!

You should look at the Sage Fli, you should be able to find a 9' or 8'6" 4pc rod for right around $300. The Fli's have a fast action which you should like.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Default Fly Rods

Believe it or not there're still some Sage DS2's on sale out there. Good rod. Medium fast action. Kiene's always has some good, reasonably rods on sale at the shop . If you're not to concerned about buying a used rod, there're probably some demo models being sold that're reasonably priced, as well... .

Do your homework and you'll get what you want at the price you want.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Thanks for your help. I'll also be interested to see what Bill K. has to say about how the new Reddington rods cast.