Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MAY Fly Swap?

SullyTM Guest

Default As it stands

Darian: Stimulator
    Thom: Cascade Ant - size 12

Who's next?

I'm up for May. Thought about a mayfly for May, but maybe a caddis or Daves' hopper... I have to think about it. May is going to be busy busy though....

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Thom - put me down for something foam , big , and terrible (I don't tye/fish dries , so I don't want to hear any crap about my huge mutant bugs , you guys ..... ) .

David

SullyTM Guest

Default May Fly Swap

OK...now we're cookin' with grease! David, something "terrible". I love it!
    Jeff, by all means take break if you have to. Heck, someone has to go out fly fishing!

Thom/Darian/David/Jeff definites. MSP and Hairstacker maybes...Don't anyone feel like they need to participate if your plate is full...thom

I'll do a final tally Monday evening May 2.

Put Hairstacker down for Lime Trudes ..... That's the only way I'll ever get one of those little suckers outta him -
    David

Hey Thom, I've decided to tie a BWO Parachute for the May swap. I figure a swap in May should include a Mayfly or something close! Are they really a May fly? Who cares, someday they might work!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

SullyTM Guest

Default May Swap

David...You are an sly devil. Guess what Hairstacker? You're in! MSP I like that you're tying a BWO. It's something I've always wanted to tie but never have...Any newbies what to give it a whirl? I'm going to hold it to 10 tiers if that's OK with everyone?

P.S. If you have access to the Sunday Contra Costa Times they are running an article on the declining Delta fish population. Should be interesting reading... It will be available on their website I'm sure.

Back to the vise......

Ok, I'm in and Lime Trudes it is. That's what I get for playing around with shad flies instead of keeping track of what's happening on this board. By the way, I've never tied a shad fly before so I've been experimenting with different combinations of materials and colors. All I've heard is chartreuse, red, purple, or pink, very flashy, size 6 hook, so that's what I'm teeing off of. Maybe some of you experienced shad guys can tell me if these'll work. Here's the first experiment:

Here's the second experiment:

Any helpful suggestions will be much appreciated, thanks!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Mike !!! - Only two colors you have to deal with ....... Light Pink , and Chartruse - A short tag of Glo-Bug yarn , body of Diamond Braid , and Lead of bug eyes ....

That's it !! Have fun , go fishing !!!! David

SullyTM Guest

Default May Swap

Limes Trudes...Sounds like a Yuppie drink! But they look like killer flies! Do the work on carp? The May Swap looks like this:

SullyTM: Cascade Ant
    Darian: Stimulator
    Hairstacker: Lime Trudes...hold the lemon
    MSP: BWO Parachute
    Jeff: Caddis or Dave's Hopper
    David: Something Foam, something terrible

OK...this is a good lineup. There still is room for 4 more! Any takers?

Final results will be posted Monday evening...