Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MAY Fly Swap?

SullyTM Guest

Default MAY Fly Swap?

Is there any interest in doing a May Fly Swap?? Or, we could take a month off and do one in June(My son is graduating from high school in May so I'll be semi-busy). I'm willing to give it a go as the host. Let me know. Thanks. Thom

Default May Fly Swap???

Hi Sully,.... I might be interested ; Depends on the type of fly pattern chosen....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

SullyTM Guest

Default May Fly Swap

Hi Darian...I was thinking about dry flies(?), tier's choice(?). With the evenings getting longer and the days warming up dry flies might be fun. Thanks. Thom

P.S. Or, if a specific pattern(s) needs to be chosen then how about winged insects? Bees, ants, dragonflies etc.?

Hey Sully, I would be interested in a Dry Fly Swap. If that's the pattern of choice you can count me in.
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

SullyTM Guest

Default May Fly Swap

MSP...All it takes is one! I'll consider the May Swap a GO! I'll wait a few days to see who is interested and then sort out deadlines etc... I'm thinking about an Ant pattern or Damselfly...Of course, that'll probably change...Thanks. Thom

Hey Thom, I'm interested as well but will wait and see what type of fly you all settle on. May opt out though, as I want to start tying for shad season, which is right around the corner.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Actually, re-reading the posts, it sounds like you've settled on a dry fly swap. Is that so?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

SullyTM Guest

Default May Swap

Mike...Yes, I'm leaning towards a dry fly tie and if you want to beg out no problemo. You've done the first 3 and besides there will be more and catching a few Shad sounds good. I tied some Wet Pinkys for Shad...Just need to get to the AR when the water gets warmer. David wants to here me sreaming! Thom

SullyTM Guest

Default May Fly Swap

I reviewed the posts from the past Fly Swaps and I thought if I were more specific that would help. DRY FLYS for Trout Fishing. Now, that brings in a wide range of ties...MSP and Darian look to be interested. Maybe Hairstacker. How 'bout we make DECISION DAY Monday, May 3?

SullyTM: Ant or Damsel pattern

Keep in mind that there is no obligation to participate...Everyone needs a break(even David).

Enjoy the rain!!! Thom

Default May Swap.....

Sully,.... Put me down for Stimulators.... .

This out to be fun....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown