Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE MOTHER OF ALL REPORTS !!!!!!!

you're only as good as the company you keep .......

If it wasn't for ALL of my fellas on this board , my life would be as dull as marbles - take THAT to the bank - Thanks to all of you for making the world a , shall we say , more interesting place to be in . Top Cats , you are - David

SullyTM Guest

Mike...Your comments are right on...I tried to tip David but the look he gave me would have stopped a school of Shad traveling upstream! Also, toward the end of the day he flipped my 6 wt a few times and knew instantly that the sinking line I had on wasn't going to do the job. Sooooo, since I have an extra spool I'll be rigging it up before my next excursion to the AR. How's that for guide service?!! Thom

David,

Thanks for the good report. It was a great day of fishing and yeah, Ken's 18 pounder. Like I mentioned in my email to you my theory on why the fish are hanging where there at. Now that has to make you stop and think about it. I'm charging up my batteries on the digital and as soon as I get it back up, I'll post a picture of the 21 pounder that Ken caught

Jay

Jay - that sure was a skinny Stripe .... I would have said 13 lbs. (STILL , better than what I caught !!) .
    Hope ya didn't mind the "Mr. Natural" line .... You looked like you had a day-off of flying and was snaked-out on top of the hooch .... Cold one in hand .... and not a care in the world . To have you , Mike B. , Kenny , and Thom on the same bit of water was almost surreal ..... a very rare moment in life that , I'm sure , will never leave me .

There is a 40 in there w/ your name on it ..... I just hope I'm there to see it when it happens !!!! Regards , David

David,

"Natural" is just fine. I was going to go further but Mike didn't want it in the boat... You know that commerical on TV where the guys driving the boat - well, I'm sure you've seen it before. Gotta soak up the sunshine when you can. I won't be recognizable when I get back from Baja.

Let me know when you want to go wading for the 40#

Jay

You're lucky .... I have a tendency towards skin cancer . My people come from a place of cold and rain , already had 20-some odd lumps frozen off my back/shoulders and need a few off the face .

Life is so complex sometimes ......

Have a good trip , catch some fish and eat some , too David

Crazy day. 18 pounder???? Heck by the time I got home and told my family about the 27 pounder I caught they couldn't believe it. Neither could I! It was pretty cool having all you guys be part of the scene.
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Default Large Striper????

Ya Know Ken,.... Now that David mentioned it looked kinda skinny,.... it looked a lot like you and Mike were stretching that fish on the Boga... . You didn't by any chance have any lead shot in your pocket on that trip didja :P :P :P
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown