Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gasoline prices in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee
    Perhaps the bush twins will enlist for the cause ....
    If they enlist, I'm going back in too!
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

I have been looking at the Honda 'Element' which gets ~25 mpg on the freeway.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

One thing I remember liking about that Honda 'Element,' aside from the excellent gas mileage, is the fact it doesn't have carpeting -- I remember thinking if your fishin' buddies tracked mud into it, you could just spray it out with a garden hose.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I was browsing through old topics and saw this one. Aaahhh, $3.20/gallon gas sounds so good right about now...

$3.20 a gallon, where's that at.
    I just got back from 8 weeks in Baja and the station I go to is now $4.65 a gallon. The price went up .83 cents a gallon since I've been gone. I drive a Chevy Silverado and wouldn't give it up. I like big cars for security and comfort. Even though it cost me $103.00 to fill the tank, I don't plan on staying home and thinking about fishing - I'm going fishing.
    Like today, I'm going to chase some carp and maybe later this week, go and do some bass fishing.
    I heard there's still a few shad in the American so a couple trips later this week or next is on the schedule. Top water LMB- you bet

We were thinking about a gas economy car but to have a car payment, and high insurance rates

Oh well, looks like there could be more space on the American or less boats in the Delta.

Jay

Default Environmentalists

You guys are all off base.... They need to start issuing over the counter Tags to cull the number of Environmentalis ruining this fine country for the rest of us. We need to build Nuclear plants for electricity and liquify coal to make gas and Diesel which is by the way a By Product not the highest BUY PRoduct............. Yea I am Pissed could ya tell??????

FYI, We actually get more of our oil from Canada than we do the Middle East.

Anyway, I'm trying to see the positive side of the petroleum price issue. Look at the amazing response it is having on our society! Everyone is getting rid of their gas guzzlers, using public transportation more, carpooling, and starting to think about alternative fuel sources. YES!!

What I'm most frustrated about is the fact that we currently have the technology to produce fully electric plug-in vehicles that have 250+ horsepower, get 100+ miles per charge and go 80+ miles per hour! Why don''t we utilize this technology? Watch, "Who killed the electric car." http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=44020

Oh, and to hell with Nuclear energy and Coal. The waste from Nuclear and Coal power is unacceptable. If you are not willing to have a particular energy source IN YOUR BACK YARD, you shouldn't support it. RENEWABLE ENERGY IS THE KEY!

There you go..... More tags please.......

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Alessio
    There you go..... More tags please.......
    Spoken like a truly ignorant old geezer whose selfish, traditionalist thinking got us into this big damn mess.

Sorry you got the wrong guy. Thank the Hippy mentality....which you seem to buy in to... No Nukes.... The good Lord gave it to us to use.. Don't get to personal OK pal.....