Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Gasoline prices in the USA.

Wow…not sure this thread is entirely about gas prices anymore…

So here goes: We, as a country, need to start weaning ourselves from oil…for a multitude of reasons. High gas prices will force us to do this.

I support my family guiding. I drive a truck and a boat for work. I pay $5 a gallon for gas right now. It hurts, but this country will not come up with viable and healthier alternatives with unlimited $3 gallon gas.

Stevie Steelhead thanks for your post.

I am a Patriot, a gun owner, and I plan on voting for Obama.

One thing that angers me more than anything is when someone questions patriotism through actions that are quite un-patriotic. I love America and everything it stands for. Democracy is being able to voice your opinion and exercise your rights.

Many of the people I look up to the most, including 2 of my own family members served in the military during wartime, my father and my late grandfather who was in WW1.

Frank & Rob…This country will NEVER dis-arm its citizens. It will never happen. Anyone who thinks so is pandering to the NRA’s paranoia scare tactics that perpetuate its own bureaucracy and power.

5 to 4 vote simply means 4 Justices didn’t quite agree with the semantics. It does not mean 4 justices want to take every one of our guns away.

As a gun owner I am happy with the ruling. But, I do believe in some gun “regulations”. My brother-in-law, who is a Sacramento Sheriff Deputy, gun owner and hunter, has fired his weapon in self defense and been shot at on the job, would also agree with me.
    "Fishing should be a ceremony that reaffirms our place in the natural world and helps us resist further estrangement from our origins."
    Thomas McGuane

www.reeladventuresguideservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Neal
    Wow…not sure this thread is entirely about gas prices anymore…
    It isn't .

We used to keep our personal pollitical bents under wraps pretty well here .

Divided we fall , I guess . Pretty sad .......

David

Buying 4 license from now on via Clarkston, WA

NOW, coming full circle and to get back to the point! I like the idea of a motorcycle to get to fishing spots!

I forget who posted that but anyone who has done this, what are the pros and cons of it. How ward is it to carry all of your stuff to the river like that on a bike?

me
    Not unless round's funny!?!

Quote Originally Posted by loganmike
    NOW, coming full circle and to get back to the point! I like the idea of a motorcycle to get to fishing spots!

I forget who posted that but anyone who has done this, what are the pros and cons of it. How ward is it to carry all of your stuff to the river like that on a bike?

me
    I have and still own a motorcycle since I was 8 so I have a few experienced thoughts on this.

I would use saddlebags if you have them, and strap anything you can on to the back seat. Do not put anything on your body, like strapping a rod to your back, the wind can cause tricky riding conditions. But the reason I personally would not use a motorcycle to go fishing would be the tired factor. When I get done standing in the river for a couple hours, casting non-stop the last thing I want to do is ride a motorcycle. I am usually just too tired, so be safe and as always, watch out for the people that do not see you on the road. Basically everyone.

What kind of bike are you riding?
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee

We used to keep our personal pollitical bents under wraps pretty well here .
    (
    Thanks David Lee, and you are right. This IS a fishing forum. One of my personal rules with clients is to never talk about politics or religion...unless, of course, we're all on the same side of the fence

It's just that sometimes politics and the environment will come up this forum and mostly I think people use good judgement. I think everyone is very respectful of eachothers opinions, by and large, here on this forum.

When topics get heated (some always will) people will just move on and stop responding. But differences in opinion is what opens people's minds and sometimes changes them, too.

I meant no personal attacks on anyone who has participated in this thread. Hopefully no one feels that way.

The great thing about this country is you should NEVER be afraid to speak your mind...in a respectful way. We all have a common interest in FISHING...and things like political & social beliefs should never burn that bridge.

I'll fish and have a beer with anyone on this board...with a fly rod, of course...
    "Fishing should be a ceremony that reaffirms our place in the natural world and helps us resist further estrangement from our origins."
    Thomas McGuane

www.reeladventuresguideservice.com