Thread: Bass'n & Carp'n

Default Bass'n & Carp'n

Went out this morning to the local lake look'n and a hope'n.
    All I got at the first location was asked for my ID and how long have I been fishing there. After all was said and done, I found out that there was a dead body floating in the Marina. Got the heck out of there
    I did see a few spots in the rocky points but the carp were far and few between.
    The weather here is perfect. It was in the mid 80's today but predicted low temps the rest of the week. I'm heading to Eastman and Hensley late later this week for some big crappie. I was talking to a guy who said that his young son caught a couple crappie that almost measured 17". I'd say that's a decent fish but I'm on the prowl for something Golden and wiht lips that big.

Oh well, enough said

Jay

Hi Jay! 17" crappie? I'd say those are VERY nice fish. But, alas, I see you have become obsessed with the golden ones, ha. Good luck to you!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Hey Mike,

What's next? Large catfish or maybe those Sacramento hardheads or whatever they are called. :P

Jay

Default Sacramento Hardheads???

Jay,..... Sacramento Hardheads ,....I didn't know Politicians could be caught on a fly :P :P

Wonder if a Sturgeon would take a fly
    How about designing a cocktail fly might look like a Ghost Shrimp, Salmon Roe combo with a Sardine wrap
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Jay, I believe catfish are a possibility. I know that David Lee hooked into a big one out of Lake Natomas, if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't have a clue how to target them, though. Seems to me like you'd have to slowly strip a fly on the very bottom? Which means relatively shallow water if fly fishing? Maybe others have actually targeted them with success. . . sure would like to hear about it, as there are a lot of catfish in the Delta near me.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Channel Catfish are hunters .... They will chase stuff down (Rapalas , black beadhead Leeches ....) . I wish someone would figure out how to find/catch them on flies consistantly , 'cause those things FIGHT
    David