Thread: Need Help with Fish Finder

Default Need Help with Fish Finder

Hey, I have a new bass boat and want to upgrade the fishfinder with one that has good lake capability and a built in GPS. I like the color models, but am not really sure they are worth the extra money. Any suggestions or experiences out there? Don
    Don Rotsma
    Retired Guide and Teacher
    don@flyfishwithdon.com
    178 Brunke act
    Sparks, Nevada, 89436
    775-722-8418

Default Depth, Fish Finder & GPS???

Hi Don,..... I recently looked for an upgrade and chose a Lowrance M68. It's not very large, easy to install, has multiple functions, color display and relatively low price. A big plus for me was that it was easy to learn. As the person who recommended it said to me, "if you can use a cell phone, you can use this model..... This CPU can be mounted on the transom or thru the hull. The transom mount is the best for performance. I already had wiring in place so that wasn't a problem for installation.

The only thing I found that I didn't like was that it's a relatively small unit. It's a portable unit (computer) and must be removed from your boat (bracket) when not in use to avoid somenone removing it from your possession.

Given a choice (spell that price), I probably would've opted for a larger screen.... But, not complaining. If price is not a problem, I'd vote for the larger screen model.....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I was emailing with fisheries biologist Brian Chan of Kamloops, BC and he said he is using some locator that has a real wide cone for shallow water.

I would research that too.

Many like Lowrance but there are lots of good companies now.

I would like a split screen option GPS/Finder with a large color screen too.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........