Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tying Desk Disaster

Default Tying Desk Disaster

Here's what a tying desk looks like during a house remodeling.

Jay

Tying desk looks normal but all that stuff in the background IS distracting.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Hey Hairstacker,

That's some of my materials boxed up and stacked. The room is finally finished and with new textured walls, ceiling and a fresh coat of paint.
    Now the "boss" just said nothing hanging on the walls until I get the approval.

Give me a break

Jay

Jay, I know the feeling, BELIEVE me. When we moved into our house, I noticed this big empty spot over the mantle of the fireplace that was just PERFECT for a fish, maybe even a school of bluegills or something. The "boss" wouldn't even CONSIDER the idea. Go figure.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Shheeeet ...... You call THAT a mess(photos of my desk to follow ....) ?!? Your stuff is still in bags !! The most important thing I've learned from watchin' you tye is to throw away the drop ..... I wish I had a dime for every 2-ince piece of Diamond Braid I've saved trying to get one more fly outta it .

River's almost in shape , you and the big Ken need to come up and visit Stripe in a week or two . David

PS - Out of the 10.000 questions I asked at the tying demo .... I forgot one - What kind of super-glue do you use ???

Default Super Glue

David,

I will be coming up in a couple weeks for the large stripers. I"m fishing the day before Kiene's fly fair. I plan on coming up on Thursday, fishing friday. If I can find some fishing on thursday, I will do that.
    Gotta get the arm in shape, the Tuesday after the fair, I head down to baja for 4 weeks of sun, fun and fishing.

The CA glue I use comes from the hobby shop. The hobby shop next door to Kiene's sells it. I comes in a blue label bottle. Most hobby shops will carry the product

Jay

Default BAJA?????

WOW Some guys have it made . Did I read that post correctly FOUR WEEKS in BAJA

Can I go, too Please, please, please,.... Oh please :P :P :P
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Here is the "normal" state of my tying desk .
    All it needs is a quart of gas and a match ...... David

With the price of gas, I would use charcoal lighter fluid. Dang, I filled my tank up on Wednesday at $2.45 and this morning when I drove by the sign read $2.69.

And they talk about the price of fly rods !!!!

Jay

Hmmm , Jay , I'm seeing a Geo Metro in your near future :P David