Thread: feather report

Default feather report

I wish there was a group called reports??
    In the last week I have fished the feather 4 times. 2-3 weeks I was getting about 5 -7 hookups by the hatchery but only about 1/10 fish were fresh. The last 4 times I was skunked once, once I had a fresh, silvery but not chrome 19 incher, a fresh but not silvery 22 incher, and today I caught a 26 inch hatchery chromer, pure silver, looked like a ocean fish (by the time I got it home its red lateral line was gone, you could barely see the line). Each of the 4 days these fish were the only fish I had on, so it was alot slower than 2-3 weeks ago. I would suggest fishing in the high flow area now. One of the almost chrome fish I caught was by the hatchery, in the "gazebo" hole, where the log is, right between the riffle and the slack water with foam. I would not suggest fishing the hatchery area tho as I think it is the very beginning of the spring run. That is my honest opinion, let people harrang me for it.

Thanks for the detailed report Steve.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hi Steve. Enjoyed your report! Might be slower but sounds like you're still having a good time, good for you!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Default thanks bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene
    Thanks for the detailed report Steve.
    Hi Bill, thanks for the good deal on breathable waders. $50 for orvis clearwaters!! Everyone make sure to keep an eye on the clearance department!